Tabo Cottages Samosir,Hotel In Lake Toba Samosir
Tabo Cottages Samosir is situated on the shore of Lake Toba at Samosir surrounded by ricefields and plantations. It offers magnificent views over Lake Toba and the mountains. The unique style of the restaurant and the rooms in the lush tropical garden make a great atmosphere to get rid of stress and weariness. Our free wifi spot gives you the opportunity for updating travel blogs or and catch up on business from our airy, laid back restaurant or several Pavillions.
Tabo Cottages Samosir
Tabo’s best rooms are situated right by the lake overlooking Lake Toba, our spacious lawn and the picturesque mountains. We concentrated on natural furnishing and soft colours for the interiour design as well as putting green foliage as around them. The spacious garden is part of the green and sustainable concept of Tabo. We want our guests to refresh, relax and admire the landscape in peace and quiet.
Our restaurant offers Indonesian, chinese and western dishes. Besides that we offer every day a different specialty which can be either Indonesian, western, other cuisines or mixed.
Lake Toba with its cool climate is a great place to hold events of any kind throughout the year. Tabo Cottages provide 2 halls for meetings, receptions, parties or exhibitions. Events can be held here from 30 to 200 persons in 2 different halls designed in different styles
also read : 3D2N Medan Lake Toba Tour Package
Tabo Cottages Samosir
Set on the banks of Lake Toba, this relaxed hotel is 4 km from the Batak Museum of local history, 8 km from the Botanical Samosir nature preserve and 63 km off of the West Trans Sumatera Highway.
Set in individual cottages, the airy, laid-back rooms have en-suite bathrooms. Upgraded rooms and suites add outdoor bathrooms, private terraces, hammocks and/or tea and coffeemaking facilities. Some rooms also have minibars and separate living rooms with sofabeds.
Breakfast is complimentary. The property also has a restaurant and a German bakery, as well as a garden and an outdoor pool.
Where is tabo cottage
Jl. Lkr. Tuktuk Toba, Tuktuk Siadong, Simanindo, Kabupaten Samosir, Sumatera Utara 22395
Tabo Cottage Tuk tuk
Tabo Cottages is a natural hotel with focus on space, green lawns and the ethnic style of the area. In our spacious garden pavilions you will always find a quiet corner to relax and enjoy the terrific views over the lake and mountains. Our Restaurant and German Bakery is well known for local as well as western favorites and our buffets are always a wide mixture of different tastes. Since we roast our own coffee beans we are very proud of the freshness of our brewed coffee, another specialty of Tabo. We are focusing on sustainability and we are educating village people to work with us and learn to take care of natural resources and be environmentally aware. We are also working in environment and ecotourism development and once in a while do volunteer actions like clean ups or hiking trail maintenance.
Tabo Cottages Samosir Facilities
- Swimming Pool
- Meeting Room
- Car Parking
- Deluxe Room
- Batak Villa
- Junior Suite With AC
- Toba Suite
Deluxe rooms are functional rooms with king size beds or single beds, some have a half open jungle bath room with hot shower. They are equipped with a fan and a veranda with a garden view.
Batak villas are old Batak houses rebuilt into comfortable accomodation. The unique style of the traditional houses and the relaxing hammock on the Veranda make it a good place to unwind. The bigger units have an inside loft and are suitable for 4 persons
Junior Suite With AC
The Junior Suites with AC are located right by the big garden with a great lake or mountain view. The verandas are overlooking the lake and these rooms are accessible by wheelchair. For your convenience we provide tea and coffee making facilities, a mini bar and Air Condition. The sofa bed and connecting doors make these units suitable for small families
The Toba suite is built from parts of old traditonal Batak houses equipped with luxury facilities like Coffee and tea making facilities, mini bar, fan, king size bed and the bigger units have a french size futon on the loft. The Toba suite is perfect for honey mooners and small families and can be connected via the veranda to a 3 bedroom unit (2 rooms connecting)
Restaurant Tabo Cottages Samosir
Our restaurant offers Indonesian, chinese and western dishes. Besides that we offer every day a different specialty
which can be either Indonesian, western, other cuisines or mixed
When I started at the age of 8 baking cakes for family and neighbours I didn’t dream of running a German bakery in the middle of Sumatra . After opening Tabo Bakery in 1994 with simple recipes I practised and explored the market for fresh wholesome ingredients and finally found imported grains and seeds and learned to bake exceptional breads, rolls, pastries and cakes using traditional German recipes. I had missed the hearty breads and pastries of my home and opened Tabo bakery in order to bring you (and me) the best of both worlds.
We are using fine quality imported cereals and oil seeds like malt, wheat, rye, oat, soya, sunflower and linseed as well as locally grown fresh fruits, vanilla, chocolate, coconuts, pumpkins and wheat. We strictly avoid the usage of any chemicals like preservatives, bread”improvers”, food colouring etc. All our baked goods are made fresh by hand and served warm for our morning buffet, menus, special requests and events. We bake our bread in the healthiest and most professional way so that it keeps well for 3 days.
Since we live in one of the best coffee growing area in the world I decided to start roasting local beans in 2006. A tiny electric roaster impressed me with amazing results of aromatic coffee that I upgraded and tried different beans from Arabica to Robusta and special blend. After 10 years of experience roasting we have various products to sell in the restaurant and as a souvenir.
Tabo Cottages Samosir
Lake Toba with its cool climate is a great place to hold events of any kind throughout the year.
Tabo Cottages provide 2 halls for meetings, receptions, parties or exhibitions.
Events can be held here from 30 to 200 persons in 2 different halls designed in different styles.
The middle sized Mango Garden Hall on the ground floor features Tabo’s natural and rustic concept of rattan furnishing and decoration with antiques from the area of Lake Toba is good for meetings up to 40 people
The elegant, spacious White Gecko Hall which is finished in contemporary style can readily cater for events up to 150 people
How To Book Tabo Cottages Samosir
if you need to book room hotel in tabo cottage with the very best price please feel free to contact us
- Lake Toba Travel
- Telephone/Whatsapp : +6285270126984
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tabo Cottages Samosir Room Rate
- Deluxe Room : Rp.510.000 Include Breakfast
- Junior Suite : Rp.660.000 Include Breakfast
- Junior Suite With AC : Rp.760.000 Include Breakfast
- Toba Suite : Rp.860.000 Include Breakfast
Things To Do In Samosir Island
Samosir Island in the middle off Lake Toba has a lot of interesting sites to offer. Not only the amazing landscape can be admired but the wonderful Batak people and their lifestyle are really worthwile seeing. The adventurous traveller can explore villages on his own. There is nothing to be afraid of, only the buffalos look scary, but are actually very timid and harmless. Communication is an issue since some remote villagers speak only Batak, and hardly any Indonesian language or english. (source : tabocottages.com)
The peninsula of Tuktuk invites for a walk around it.For the 3km circle you need round 1 hour.
- The 4km walk to the historical stone chairs village Siallagan leads through local villages and offers some magnificent views over the Lake. Before you get to Huta Siallagan, you will come past an ancient spiritual site sign posted as ” Parulubalang “, which had been neglected for years since christianity forbids to worship the little ancient stone statue ” Pangulubalang ” and ” make a wish “.
- Bukit Beta a little hill outside Tuktuk towards Tomok is a wonderful spot for tranquility and great views over sunrise, sunset and surroundings. You just stroll on the grass in any direction or trek all the way to Ambarita from there along the little grassy magma domes. You can access these hills from many trails going up to the left between Tuktuk and Siallagan, one is signed as Jl. Nangka.
- The walk to Tomok is more interesting if you follow the walking trek sign on the mainroad or go “offroad” from Marissa Restaurant up the hill and just walk on top of the hill ” Bukit Beta “. Hhead towards the left on top of the hill past a roundish building to get back to the main road. Pass the massive concrete gate to the Tuktuk / Tomok / Ambarita junction, turn right for 50 meters past a coffee shop and turn left on a bumpy pass towards the steep mountain, at the foot of the mountain turn left again and follow the lovely path through traditional villages all the way to Tomok. You can also try to find the path up the waterfall in rain season, in dry season the waterfal might be dry though. You can also take the path at the foot of the mountain to the right of Ambarita.
- The paths from Ambarita or Tomok up to the mountain are doable, but quite overgrown and hard to find. It is recommended to take a local guide that knows the area.
- If you are adventurous take a local bus from the junction or a motor bike and get off at Simanindo. From that area you can find many paths up the mountain and you can stroll around following buffalo paths. the higher you can get the more fantastic views you will find, eventually you can see the volcanoes of berastagi in the north. Villagers are friendly and welcoming and the local kids will get all excited to see foreigners, even more if you take some give aways like pens or lollies.
The roads on Samosir are windy, have potholes and gravels. you should be an experienced driver and drive xarefully to explore the island this way. Motorbikes are for rent ( without insurance ), and it is a great way to explore the island on your own. Before you want to drive around the island consider that you are looking at 125 km drive ( app. 7 hours ) with a few parts of the road being really bumpy. Our recommended routes are as follows :
- Turn right at the Tuktuk junction to get to Ambarita, Siallagan & Simanindo’s museum with danc eperformance daily at 10.30 & 11.45 ( Sundays only at 11.45 ). The King’s houses are worth while, whereas the dance performance is lacking a bit of enthusiasm by the dancers. From Simanindo keep driving north to see many fabulous Batak villages left and right of the road and amazing views over the northern part of the caldera. If you are adventurous and a good driver try any of the many paths in rather bad shape going up to the left between Simanindo and Pangururan to see wonderful landscapes and pure village life. The hot springs are 40km away and very hot. if you don’t mind a lot of driving you can head on past the hot springs to the view point of Tele and / or drive around the mountain ” Pusuk Buhit ” to see the nice valley of Sianjur Mula mula.
- Turn left at Tuktuk junction to get to Tomok with it’s King’s tombs and up the mountain 500 meters past Tomok to the right. The road is extremely bad for a few kilometers but gets much better half way up the mountain. The views over the peninsula of Tuktuk from Sigarantung are spectaculare and you can see coffee fields of local Arabica and Robusta. If you keep driving you will find another view point in Tanjungan looking over the south east which is just gorgious.
Biking across the countryside around Samosir is a good way to explore the beauty of the island and to meet the locals. Bukit Beta between Tuktuk and Tomok is good for mountain biking. The path along the foot of the mountain from Ambarita to Tomok past Garoga is bumpy but worth it for the old villages and the views over the ricefields and the lake. The further you go up hill the more you will be stunned by the amazing ladscapes of the caldera. If you don’t have the strength to do a major climb by bicycle a 4WD pick up can drop you on top and you cycle back downhill and enjoy the landscape at your own pace. source : tabocottages.com
Travel To Lake Toba Samosir
Laketobatravel.com is a north sumatera based full service travel agency with more than 10 years travel industry experiences and serving all over indonesia tour packages,especially Lake Toba Tour Package,North Sumatra.
We are known as travel agency medan and lake toba specialist tour who provide you with a unique and exciting experience of the land of North Sumatra,the best lake toba tour, its peoples, its cultures, and its great natural beauty! We are commited to serving individual tourists as well as groups of any size, offering qualified and knowledgeable local guides to lead you on your North Sumatran journey, all of whom have a good grasp of the English language and insight into local cultures.
We can organize a Sumatra adventure tour for you with jungle trekking, orangutans spotting and walking with elephants, medan tour package and Sumatra overland tour. Besides Sumatra, we do organize tailor-made programs over Java, Sulawesi, Bali, Flores, and Komodo. We offer tours all over Java, to the famous temples like the Borobudur, to Jogyakarta, Java’s cultural center, to mount Bromo and all places of interest of this fascinating island.
Besides medan lake toba tour described above we introduce you to the places of historical interest, architecture and culture of the country. For those people with personal memories of Indonesia and for everybody who is curious about what still can be found of Indonesia’s history.
Whether it be to enjoy the cool mountain climate of scenic Lake Toba, to surf the waves of Nias, to share in the cultural delights of local peoples, or to explore the jungles west of the Bukit Barisan mountains, we as travel agency in medan are ready to fulfill all of your travel needs.