Lake Toba Travel Guide,Travel To Lake Toba
Lake Toba Travel Guide – Toba Lake is one of the most beautiful places on earth. This is a crater lake so enormous it is the largest lake in lake toba update 5Southeast Asia. This lake sits 900 meters above sea level.
The centerpiece of North Sumatra, Toba Lake’s bracing climate and magnificent panoramas clear the mind and soothe the soul. For decades a magnet from regional and foreign visitors alike, Toba has developed into a full-featured highland resort while retaining the rustic charm and relaxed ambiance that define Toba’s attraction.
The drama of that cataclysmic birth persist in 500 meter cliffs dropping into the blue-green waters, surrounded by steep, pine covered sloped, the climate is fresh and pleasant, with just enough rain to support the lush vegetation.
Lake Toba Travel Guide
Lake Toba is one of the most popular destinations in Indonesia, especially in Medan, North Sumatra. Lake Toba is the largest volcanic lake in Indonesia, even in the Southeast Asia.
Lake Toba is actually more like a sea than a lake considering its size. Therefore, the Lake placed as the largest lake in Southeast Asia and the second largest in the world after Lake Victoria in Africa. Lake Toba is also included the deepest lake in the world, which is approximately 450 meters. It is because the flawless nature and pristine water would satisfy all visitors.
Medan is The capital of North Sumatra, Medan earned the nickname “Paris of Sumatra” during Dutch colonial times due to its marked resemblance to the French city. Situated on the north coast, Medan represents the largest city in Indonesia outside of Java.
Though relatively untouristed, Medan has a charming historical center and often serves as a jumping-off point for other appealing spots like Lake Toba, Malaysia, and the island of Penang. For those that do stay here, things to do in Medan include cultural tours of the old city hall, an impressive mosque, and several museums, or trips to modern malls and restaurants.
The beautiful town of Berastagi is located in karo highlands about 70km from Medan. The town is known for its plantations and various kinds of flowers, vegetables and fruit, most famous which is Marquisa passion fruit. Ibrastagit’s 66 km southwest of Medan and is 4.594 feet above sea level. There is a pleasant colonial-style hotel with a golf course. Other new hotels can also be found.
From Gundaling Hill a clear view of Mt. Sibayak and Mt. Sinabung volcanoes can be seen. From this city, you will enjoy charming scenery to the active mountainside, which are Sibayak Mountain and Sinabung Mountain. To climb Sibayak Mountain require at least 3 hours trip and we could enjoy pretty scenery in these mountains or 3 to 4 hours trip in the forest to see the nature wealth inside, for both the flora and the fauna around this forest. Brastagi which rich with agro-industries became the appropriate choice for recreation spot other than Toba Lake and Samosir Island, which has become a trademark of North Sumatra.
How To Get To Lake Toba
There are several options to get to Lake Toba from the city of Medan. The most convenient option is to fly direct to Medan. From there you can travel overland to Prapat, before hopping on the ferry for the final leg to Samosir Island. The cheapest option to get from Medan to Prapat is by public bus.
The public bus to Parapat, bus 64, leaves from the Amplas Bus Terminal in the center of Medan. The bus is usually crowded, but it’s a good way to adjust to the local culture. Make sure you buy your ticket in the bus and not from people who approach you at the bus terminal. A bus ticket from Medan to Parapat should cost between Rp. 20,000 to Rp. 40,000, no more. The ride takes 4 to 6 hours.
Lake Toba Travel isa north sumatera based full service travel agency with more than 10 years travel industry experiences and serving all over indonesia tour packages,especially Lake Toba Tour Package,North Sumatra.We Can Help You To Explore Lake Toba
If you’re travelling as part of a small group I’d recommend arranging a shared taxi. You can arrange a shared taxi in Medan. A minivan taxi seats 7 people. If you have less than 7 people in your group then you can pay for the additional free seats to leave early (otherwise you will have to wait). (source : discoveryourindonesia.com)
Medan to Pematang by Train
Taking the train is a great way to travel comfortably and take in the surroundings. I’d definitely recommend it. You can catch a train from Medan to Pematang Siantar. It leaves once a day and costs Rp. 40,000 for a one-way ticket. The train ride takes around 4 hours and from Pematang Siantar. From Pematang Sinatar you can take a becak (local transport) to Parapat where you can catch the ferry.
Arrange a Private Car Rental
The most convenient way to get from Medan to Parapat is with a private car rental. You can arrange a private car rental from Medan to Parapat for around Rp. 400,000. You won’t have to worry about unnecessary stops along the way with a car rental, but you’ll still get to see the views. The rise from Medan to Parapat takes around 4 hours. if you need : car rental with driver to lake toba,please contact us.
Where To Stay (Hotel In Lake Toba)
- Atsari Hotel Parapat
- Danau Toba International Cottage Parapat
- Parapat View Hotel
- Inna Parapat Hotel
- Niagara Hotel Parapat
- Sapadia Hotel
- Pandu Lakeside Hotel
- Patra Parapat Hotel
- Dan Lain-Lain
- And The List Goes On
Where To Stay (Hotel In Samosir Island)
- Samosir Villa Resort
- Samosir Cottage
- Tabo Cottages
- Toba Village Inn
- Rogate Beach
- Toba Beach
- Toledo Inn Samosir
- Dan Lain-Lain
- And The List Goes On
Where To Stay (Hotel In Berastagi)
- Mikie Holiday Resort
- Sinabung Hills Berastagi
- Green Garden Hotel
- Sibayak International Hotel
- Tongging Point Hotel
- Waterfall Lodge Taman Simalem Resort
- Tongging Point Lodge Taman Simalem Resort
- Dan Lain-Lain.
- And The List Goes On
Things To Do At Lake Toba
- Chill by the lake
- Rent a motor scooter
- Visit the Batak Villages
- Eat Batak food
- Have coffee on a cliff
- Have a lakeside meal
- Climb Gunung Sibayak
- Visit the tallest waterfall in Indonesia
- Conquer the peaks of Pusuk Buhit
- Kick things up a notch with a Lake Toba cruise
- Visit King Sidabutar’s Batak tomb
- Stop and smell the roses at Sapo Juma Tongging Garden
- Explore an Ancient Batak Village
- Visit the Hot Springs
- Tour the Batak Museum
- Watch Traditional Batak Dance and Music
- Drive Around the Island
- See a Lake Inside of a Lake
- Buy Traditional Textiles
- Go Fishing
Where To Eat (Restaurant In Lake Toba)
- Istana Minang Restaurant
- Atsari Hotel Restaurant
- Hongkong Restaurant
- Islam Murni Restaurant
- Asia Restaurant
- Nikmat Restaurant
Travel To Lake Toba (Best Time To Visit Lake Toba)
To enjoy the beauty of Lake Toba at its fullest.
we recommend you to travel here during their dry season which occurs between May to September.
During this period, you can explore clearer blue skies and sunny weather.
Unless you want to spend your holiday stuck in the hotel due to the unceasing rain or use an umbrella as your photo accessory, avoid the rainy season from November to late March.
Public holidays such as Eid holidays or Chinese New Year are not ideal for travelling here too because everything from the crowd to the prices will go up.
What To Pack
ensure of what you might need to pack for your adventures in Sumatra?
Don’t worry, we have got you covered.
Below are the essential items that we carry with us on every adventure.
But to ensure you don’t leave behind any of those backpacker essentials, here is our free printable packing list.
- Reusable Water Bottle
- Versatile Walking Shoes
- Gopro Action Camera & Adventure Kit
- Quick Dry Microfiber Towel
- Universal Adaptor
- Jacket / Sweater
- Medicine If Needed
- Ray-Ban Sunglasses
Lake Toba Travel Guide
We are known as travel agency medan and lake tobaspecialist tour who provide you medan lake toba tour package with a unique and exciting experience of the land of North Sumatra, its peoples, its cultures, and its great natural beauty!
We are commited to serving individual tourists as well as groups of any size, offering qualified and knowledgeable local guides to lead you on your medan tour package journey, all of whom have a good grasp of the English language and insight into local cultures.
We can organize a sumatra overland tour for you with jungle trekking, orangutans spotting and walking with elephantsand Sumatra adventure tour. Besides Sumatra, we do organize lake toba tour package Singapore and tailor-made programs over Java, Sulawesi, Bali, Flores, and Komodo,and lake toba tour package malaysia. We offer tours all over Java, to the famous temples like the Borobudur, to Jogyakarta, Java’s cultural center, to mount Bromo and all places of interest of this fascinating island.
Things To Do In Samosir ,Lake Toba Travel Guide
Samosir Island in the middle off Lake Toba has a lot of interesting sites to offer. Not only the amazing landscape can be admired but the wonderful Batak people and their lifestyle are really worthwile seeing.
The adventurous traveller can explore villages on his own. There is nothing to be afraid of, only the buffalos look scary, but are actually very timid and harmless. Communication is an issue since some remote villagers speak only Batak, and hardly any Indonesian language or english. (source : tabocottages.com)
- The 4km walk to the historical stone chairs village Siallagan leads through local villages and offers some magnificent views over the Lake. Before you get to Huta Siallagan, you will come past an ancient spiritual site sign posted as ” Parulubalang “, which had been neglected for years since christianity forbids to worship the little ancient stone statue ” Pangulubalang ” and ” make a wish “.
- Bukit Beta a little hill outside Tuktuk towards Tomok is a wonderful spot for tranquility and great views over sunrise, sunset and surroundings. You just stroll on the grass in any direction or trek all the way to Ambarita from there along the little grassy magma domes. You can access these hills from many trails going up to the left between Tuktuk and Siallagan, one is signed as Jl. Nangka.
- The walk to Tomok is more interesting if you follow the walking trek sign on the mainroad or go “offroad” from Marissa Restaurant up the hill and just walk on top of the hill ” Bukit Beta “. head towards the left on top of the hill past a roundish building to get back to the main road. Pass the massive concrete gate to the Tuktuk / Tomok / Ambarita junction, turn right for 50 meters past a coffee shop and turn left on a bumpy pass towards the steep mountain, at the foot of the mountain turn left again and follow the lovely path through traditional villages all the way to Tomok. You can also try to find the path up the waterfall in rain season, in dry season the waterfal might be dry though. You can also take the path at the foot of the mountain to the right of Ambarita.
- The paths from Ambarita or Tomok up to the mountain are doable, but quite overgrown and hard to find. It is recommended to take a local guide that knows the area.
- If you are adventurous take a local bus from the junction or a motor bike and get off at Simanindo. From that area you can find many paths up the mountain and you can stroll around following buffalo paths. the higher you can get the more fantastic views you will find, eventually you can see the volcanoes of berastagi in the north. Villagers are friendly and welcoming and the local kids will get all excited to see foreigners, even more if you take some give aways like pens or lollies.
Lake Toba Travel Guide
Besides medan lake toba tour package from Singapore described above we introduce you to the places of historical interest, architecture and culture of the country. For those people with personal memories of Indonesia and for everybody who is curious about what still can be found of Indonesia’s history.
We arrange medan lake toba tour package from kuala lumpur with special cultural and architectural tours as well as programs on colonial history. It still can be found at plantations, company buildings, and colonial houses. It is the other unknown side of Indonesia. We can tell you the story and bring you there.
We have also prepared lake toba tour package from silangit and custom made tours for groups or individuals interested in seeing sumatera and whole indonesia. During these past years, we have provided our customers with the best possible service to fulfill their travel needs.
Whether it be to enjoy the cool mountain climate of scenic Lake Toba, to surf the waves of Nias, to share in the cultural delights of local peoples, or to explore the jungles west of the Bukit Barisan mountains, we as medan travel agency are ready to fulfill all of your travel needs.